This is for the snappy snappers among you – pay attention fools, as throughout 2017 Buzz Magazine are holding a photography competition in association with Ffotogallery. The winner each month will be featured as the magazine’s Facebook and Twitter cover photos, AND be featured in an upcoming exhibition.
Each month there is a new theme (see the list below) – photographers are invited to take 5-10 images as part of an album related somehow to the theme.
Grab your camera – whatever kind you have – and get creative. Then submit it for everyone to see. The remaining themes for the year are listed below. To be included, send your entries (5-10 images) to Buzz by the 20 of each previous month (for example, the February entries will need to be in by 20 January – so get a move on!):
February Issue Legends
March Issue Wales
April Issue Music
May Issue Festivity
June Issue Excess
July Issue Summer
August Issue Oddities
September Issue New Beginnings
October Issue Humans
November Issue Comedy
December January Issue Resolution
Email your images to firstname.lastname@example.org to enter your work, along with your name, email and contact number. Winners will be informed a week after submission if you are one of the winners that month.
Ffotogallery are offering winners:
- £100 voucher for one of their photography courses (not eligible with block booking discount)
- A Diffusion Festival goody bag (tote bag, Looking for America publication, limited edition box of postcards and a Ffotomatic gift box)
- A signed copy of our new publication Garden State | Corinne Silva published by Ffotogallery and The Mosaic Rooms London
- A selection of Ffotogallery six limited edition photography publications
Established in 1978, Ffotogallery are the national development agency for photography and lens based media in Wales. Ffotogallery deliver new artistic programmes which are challenging and accessible, featuring the best Welsh and international contemporary work in photography and lens-based media, run accredited photography and digital courses, and are the lead agency for Diffusion Cardiff International Photography Festival.
For more info on this year’s competition, visit Buzz Photography Competition 2017.
- Sign up for the weekly We Are Cardiff newsletter
- Check out what’s going on with We Are Cardiff Press
- Like us on Facebook
- Squawk @ us on Twitter @wearecardiff
- Follow us on Instagram/WeAreCardiff