Last year’s Bite! food festival was one of the highlights of our calendar. This year they’re returning, but with a new aim – sharing great food while reducing single-use plastics. Specially designed reusable cups will be available to buy at the bar (or order in advance)!
And now THIRTY incredible chefs are returning – bringing pop-up food at a street food price to the beautiful surroundings of Insole Court. They’ll all be creating a single dish each for just THREE POUNDS! Which means you can sweep the site and try loads of different dishes without busting the bank or your belt.
BITE! FOOD FESTIVAL – INSOLE COURT, CARDIFF – EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
SATURDAY 27 JULY, 11AM – 9PM
WHO’S GONNA BE COOKING …
- Simon Wright, Wrights Food Emporium
- Tommy Heaney, Heaneys & Uisce
- Darren Lewis, Joyful Jar Company
- Michelle Evans, Paternoster Farm
- Jamie O’ Leary, JOLS
- Ceri Johnston Bower, The Early Bird Bakery
- Deri Reed, The Warren
- Matt Waldron, Stackpole Inn
- John Cook, EMBER
- Tom O Sullivan, Spit & Sawdust
- Tom Furlong & Gwyn Myring, Milkwood
- Derw Robertson, Tan A Mwg
- Andrew Gwynne, Gwynne’s Ice Cream
- Jon White & Rosie Eastwood, The Two Anchors
- Abi Dymmock, Jack & Amelie
- Krish Pankaj, Keralan Karavan
- Gareth Daw, Henry Webb’s Restaurant at St Mellon’s Hotel
- Laurian Veaudour, Cocorico Patisserie
- Vicky Crabtree, Shawarmarama
- Stephen Terry, The Hardwick
- Montserrat Prat, La Cuina
- Antonio Simone, The Humble Onion
- Nick Spann, Bao Selecta
- Leyli Homayoonfar, Leyli Joon & Co.
- Rob Haswell, Ceridwen Centre
- Simmie Vedi, The Warden’s House
- Sam Speller, Lazy Leek
- Rhodri Evans, Pieporium
- Lali Suto, Hoof
- Debs Lewis, Dusty Knuckle
AND WHAT WILL BE AVAILABLE TO DRINK?
The 30 chefs and producers are joined by five great drinks providers. This year, Bite Cardiff has partnered with Freedom Brewery, a member of the Sustainable Restaurant Association (SRA).
Wrights Wines will also be serving a range of natural wines, and Skyborry will be offering a selection of Cider and Perry.
Both Little Man Coffee Co and The Handlebar Barista will be serving coffee – so don’t forget your re-usable mugs / flasks!
WHAT’S THE DEAL WITH THE REUSABLE CUPS?
In an effort to cut down on waste this year and also avoid single use plastics, Bite are selling reusable cups for use at the bar. These will be on sale on the day for £3.50, or you can buy one in advance, for £3, by clicking here.
Buying a cup helps Bite to cover the costs of putting on the event, ensuring that it can be kept *free entry* for years to come. Purchasing one in advance will help speed up and lessen the queues at the bar on the day and mean you can fast track your way into the event. The cups can also be taken away as a memento and are dishwasher safe on the top shelf.
CAN I BRING BLANKETS ETC?
People are encouraged to take picnic blankets, and also, their own picnic crockery and cutlery if possible, as well as refillable water bottles.
IS THE EVENT CASH-ONLY?
Yes – you will need cash to buy tokens (stickers) which can be exchanged for food. £3 = one token = one dish. This is to prevent chefs from having to handle cash on the day. The bars will run as normal (you won’t need tokens) but the whole event will be cash only.
WHERE CAN I BUY THE FOOD TOKENS?
These can be bought from token stalls dotted throughout the festival. You can also pre-purchase these, on any day in the week before the festival, at the Insole Court visitor centre.
ARE DOGS ALLOWED?
Yes, well behaved dogs on a lead.
IS THERE PARKING ON SITE?
Parking at Insole Court is reserved for festival staff and disabled drivers only. There will be a limited amount of Bite festival parking available at Rookwood Hospital, at Fairwater Road Llandaff Cardiff CF5 2YN.
Though some parking is available at Rookwood, we are encouraging people to use public transport to access the festival as much as possible. The nearest buses that operate between Cardiff city centre and Insole Court are the 66, 25, 62 or 63 (operated by Cardiff Bus) and the 122 or 124 (operated by Stagecoach).
Insole Court is approximately a 25-minute bus ride from Cardiff city centre, and a 10-minute walk from Victoria Park.
Alternatively, the nearest train station is Fairwater. Insole Court is 500m from the Fairwater Road exit.
The main cycle routes to Insole Court are:
· From Cardiff Bay via the Ely Trail.
· From Cardiff city centre via the Taff Trail.
Bike parking is located near the Visitors’ Centre / in the car park.
For more information, visit: https://www.insolecourt.org/visit
- Sign up for the weekly We Are Cardiff newsletter
- Check out what’s going on with We Are Cardiff Press
- Like us on Facebook
- Squawk @ us on Twitter @wearecardiff
- Follow us on Instagram/WeAreCardiff
- Follow our rescue dog adventure Instagram/ZeldaPooch