Cardiff! Blood stocks across Wales are dropping. The Welsh Blood Service are looking for your help!
DID YOU KNOW – ONE BLOOD DONATION CAN SAVE UP TO SIX PREMATURE BABIES???
Is giving in your blood? We need to give at least 350 donations of blood everyday to keep up with demand from hospitals in Wales. Did you know that a single donation can be broken down into its different components, so it can be used in various ways? These components all have differing life spans, which is why it’s important that we keep on giving! This is how long different parts of your blood will last after donation…
- Platelets/White cells – 7 days
- Red Cells – 35 days
- Plasma can be frozen for up to two years.
Crazy blood stats, right??
Someone somewhere in Wales needs your help – they need your blood! The process usually takes around 15 minutes, and the Welsh Blood Service always have a full staff of very nice people on hand to accompany you through every part of the process, so there’s no need to be nervous!
Also when you’re done you get to enjoy a cup of squash and a Club! (*other sweet treats are also available, but my personal favourite is a Mint Club, in case anyone’s wondering)…
The Welsh Blood Service aims to have at least seven days worth of different blood types in stock. As you can see, a couple of different blood types are low …
DON’T DELAY! MAKE YOUR APPOINTMENT TO GIVE BLOOD TODAY 🙂
- LETTERS FROM LOCKDOWN
- CARDIFF COVID-19 INFO – INDEX
- CARDIFF VOLUNTEERING AND HELP RESOURCES
- CARDIFF’S INDEPENDENT BUSINESSES – OPEN FOR FOOD AND ESSENTIAL ITEM DELIVERIES AND TAKEAWAYS
- SUPPORT CARDIFF’S NHS / FRONTLINE STAFF: BUY THEM DINNER!
- SUPPORT CARDIFF’S NHS / FRONTLINE STAFF: DONATE YOUR MONEYS AND DONATE SUPPLIES!
- LOOKING AFTER YOUR MIND IN LOCKDOWN