PAGE LAST UPDATED: 22 April 2020, HP
Hi all. Strange times. There’s a lot going on in Cardiff at the mo, so this post is intended to pull together all the main volunteering and help resources for:
- people looking to help others;
- people looking for help.
A number of these groups / resources are on different platforms (eg a lot of main discussion for the Mutual Aid groups is on Facebook groups, so while you may not agree with the Suckerberg, might be time to set up a temporary account just to engage and either volunteer or ask for help). Mutual Aid is exactly what it sounds like – people offering help and asking for help. Please obey rules of basic human decency in these groups (and just everywhere in life).
I’ll try and keep this post updated on a regular basis, so please add anything relevant in the comments and once I’ve checked it, it’ll be added in here.
PLEASE REMEMBER TO SEEK ACTUAL NEWS FROM REPUTABLE NEWS SOURCES – DO NOT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU SEE ON SOCIAL MEDIA!!!! THERE IS A LIST OF TRUSTED SOURCES AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST. The Senedd Research blog has a comprehensive list of places to go for information. Like, you wouldn’t wash your hands with mud, so why fill your heads with it, eh?
CARDIFF COUNCIL RESOURCES
Volunteering opportunities through Cardiff Council’s Together For Cardiff scheme (currently looking for people to pick veg for foodboxes, deliver food parcels and volunteers to help with elderly people): Volunteer Cardiff website
MUTUAL AID GROUPS FOR CARDIFF
- Butetown / Cardiff Bay Mutual Aid – Facebook group
- Canton/Riverside Mutual aid – Facebook group
- Cathays/Roath/Gabalfa/Heath Mutual Aid – Facebook group
- Cathays/Roath/Gabalfa/Heath Mutual Aid – website
- Ely and Caerau Mutual Aid – Facebook group
- Fairwater/Pentrebane Mutual Aid – Facebook group
- Grangetown Mutual Aid – Facebook group
- Llandaff Mutual Aid – Facebook group
- Llanishen Mutual Aid – Facebook group
- Pentwyn / Llanederyn Mutual Aid – Facebook group
- Penylan Mutual Aid – Facebook group
- Roath / Cyncoed Mutual Aid – Facebook group
- Splott / Adamsdown Mutual Aid – Facebook group
- Taffs Well, Tongwynlais and Nantgarw Mutual Aid – Facebook group
- Thornhill Mutual Aid – Facebook group
More soon. Also here is a photo of We Are Cardiff emotional relief pooch after she’s disinfected the house, just in case you need some light relief at the mo.
- Public Health Wales
- Public Health England
- BBC News
- Senedd Research blog – list of resources
- Cardiff Council
That’s all for now. Peas. Take care of yourselves, and each other. WAC x
- CARDIFF COVID-19 INFO – INDEX
- CARDIFF VOLUNTEERING AND HELP RESOURCES
- CARDIFF’S INDEPENDENT BUSINESSES – OPEN FOR FOOD AND ESSENTIAL ITEM DELIVERIES AND TAKEAWAYS
- SUPPORT CARDIFF’S NHS / FRONTLINE STAFF: BUY THEM DINNER!
- SUPPORT CARDIFF’S NHS / FRONTLINE STAFF: DONATE YOUR MONEYS AND DONATE SUPPLIES!
- LOOKING AFTER YOUR MIND IN LOCKDOWN